Monday, January 29, 2024

From the CTKG Cabinet: Meet Alexa!

Hello, my name is Alexa Adgers, and I’m a member of the 2024 Kid Governor's Cabinet! I live in New Britain, and I attend Renzulli Academy in Hartford. 

I ran on a platform of addressing mental and physical well-being. I chose this issue because I find it very important to have a balance between your physical and mental health. My three-point plan is:

  1. Weekly Health Hits when students learn about health facts and ways to take care of their bodies. 

  2. Create videos of activities that kids can do for Mental Mondays and Wellness Wednesdays. 

  3. Suitable Snacks baskets of healthy snacks in classrooms.




Since the Statewide Election in November, I participated in the Leadership Transition Meeting with 2023 Kid Governor Ellie Mendez and her Cabinet and 2024 Kid Governor Cristiano Almeida and the other members of our Cabinet. I was also sworn-in on Inauguration Day in January which officially started my term. 


I will continue to communicate with you all through this blog during my one-year term. I hope that you will follow along. 


If you would like to support my platform  in your own school, you can organize fun competitions or have a classroom goal for fun workout minutes each week. I will also share more ideas throughout the year. 


I would love to hear about how you are making a difference around mental and physical well-being in your own community. Email Alexa@CT.KidGovenor.org to tell me all about it! You can also visit CT.KidGovernor.org/Cabinet2024 to read about the other members of the Kid Governor’s Cabinet.


Alexa Adgers

2024 Kid Governor’s Cabinet

Renzulli Academy

Hartford


No comments:

Post a Comment

From the CTKG Cabinet: Max talks about Internet Safety

Hey there fellow fifth graders! My name is Max Parisi and I am a member of Kid Governor Cristiano’s Cabinet.  Today, I want to talk about so...